|The construction sequence on a typical Liberty Ship. Seventh Day at Outfitting Dock.
The Liberty ship in the foreground is the George Clement Perkins, hull number 2272 and type EC2-S-C1. Her keel was laid in Permanente Metals Richmond, CA, Yard 2 on April 1, 1944. She was launched on April 20, 1944 and delivered on April 28, 1944. The George Clement Perkins was 19 days on the Ways, 8 days in the Water and 27 days to Delivery. After delivery to the WSA, she was operated by Weyerhaeuser SS Co, Newark, NJ and then, in 1946, by T. J. Stevenson & Co, NY. In 1947, the ship was laid up in Olympia, WA. In 1951, she was renamed the Seamonitor. The ship was renamed again in 1957 as the Grain Trader The ship's name was changed again in 1958 to the Maria H, in 1959 to the Mount Rainier. In 1962 she was rebuilt to 8,584 g.t. and in 1963 was renamed the Duval. The ship was scrapped in Taiwan in 1969.
The second Liberty ship in the background to the left is the Emmett D. Boyle, hull number 2275 and type EC2-S-C1. Her keel was laid in Permanente Metals Richmond, CA, Yard 2 on April 6, 1944. She was launched on April 24, 1944 and delivered on May 3, 1944. The Emmett D. Boyle was 19 days on the Ways, 8 days in the Water and 27 days to Delivery. She was delivered to Russia as the Ingul. The history varies after 1944. One account has the ship renamed the Ingul II in 1950, presumed scrapped in 1964 and deleted from the Lloyds Register in 1968. Another account has the ship renamed the Miklukho-Maklai (no date given) and scrapped in 1975.