|The construction sequence on a typical Liberty Ship. Sixth Day at Outfitting Dock.
The Liberty ship is the John Colter, hull number 2137 and type EC2-S-C1. Her keel was laid in Permanente Metals, Richmond, CA, Yard 2 on July 2, 1943. She was launched on July 24, 1943 and delivered on September 4, 1943. The John Colter was 22 days on the Ways, 9 days in the Water and 31 days to Delivery. After delivery to the WSA, she was operated by Norton Lilly Management Co, NY. In 1946, the ship was transferred to the French government and she was renamed the Briancon. The ship was renamed again in 1960 as the Zephyros and registered under the Lebanese flag. The ship's name was changed again in 1966 to the Sailor Star. She was scrapped in Shanghai, China in 1967.